How many plugs do I need to order?Many of us have odd-shaped lawns. Follow these steps for an easy, approximate calculation of how many Amazoy® plugs you'll need.
(Click the play button in the preview above to start the video)
- Draw a simple outline of your lawn. Now think about how you can divide it roughly into a series of rectangles or squares to closely cover the area to be planted with Amazoy plugs.
(Note: If your lawn is circular, triangular, or free-form in shape, click here for area formulas.)
- Measure out the lengths and widths of each of those areas.
- Plug those numbers in below, using only as many Length and Width blanks as you need.
- Decide which type of plug you would like to plant, 3" x 3" Super Plugs or Freestyle Plugs (minimum size 1"). You can change back and forth between plug type before making a final decision.
- Finally decide how far apart to plant each plug. Super Plugs we recommend from 2 plugs per square foot, up to 1 plug per 4 square feet. Freestyle Plugs (min 1" size) from 4 plugs per square foot, up to 1 plug per square foot. Once again you can try different spacing before making a final decision. Planting plugs closer together will fill in the areas between plugs faster.
The calculator will figure your total square footage and the number of plugs to order.
(You may switch to Freestyle Plug Mode)